A bit fantasy’ish’ but hey the Imperial Guard have standards…
Here is a picture of an Ork standard bearer for Warhammer 40K and not Warhammer Fantasy Battle as you may expect…
I have used the parts from the Orc Warriors command sprue and added a Shoota to the back of the Ork.
I think it will add something to my Ork army.
I have done more work done on my Ork Trukk.
Here is a picture of the Trukk now undercoated.
As you can see I also added a spare tyre. The front of the back section which normally is at an angle has been glued in vertically, this will make it look “slightly” different to the other Trukk.
The frontal armour plate was undercoated white as it will be painted red.
The whole model was then drybrushed with Tin Bitz and Boltgun Metal.
This can be somewhat messy and as you can see I will need to go over the tyres again.
This shot shows the spanner and the red frontal armour plate.
Though you can purchase Orks with Heavy Weapons, I have always liked the conversions in the Ork Codex.
Here are my first attempt at Ork with Heavy Weapon.
Basically it consists of using two Shootas to create a Big Shoota. You may also notice that the head is from the WHFB Orc Warriors sprue.
Here is another version.
As you may recall from a previous posting I am in the process of making some Feral Ork Boar Boyz using parts from the Warhammer Fantasy Battle Orc Warriors and the 40K Ork Boyz sprues.
Here is a picture of the newly constructed model.
I may add some reins and add a few other features.
I have avoided using the regular rectangular base and opted for the 40mm round base.
Started on my first objective…
Well here is a picture of a work in progress of my Ork Watchtower, an objective for Epic Armageddon.
Made from plastic strut and using a 60mm base, I am aiming to achieve a Gorkamorka style tower.
Still have to add the top bit and adding scenery to the base.
Even though I had stuck all my Forgeworld Ork Gunwagons together and undercoated them, I have now decided that I want to use some of the excellent weapons on some Squiggoths!
I managed to get a Kannon and a Lobba off the models (well I did manage to “break” another Lobba, but glued it back into position).
With the two empty Gunwagons, with one I have added a buggy gunner and the other is going to get a Pulsa Rokkitt.
…or how to save a little bit of money…
With the release of the Warhammer 40K 2004 Annual the final version of the Ork feral list is now available.
I quite like the idea of Boar Boyz I certainly use them in my Epic Ork army, but have always been a little wary of the price of the Warhammer Fantasy Battle Orc Boar Riders which are £6 each!
Having glanced around the GW online store I have come up with a potential (and cheaper) solution.
Using the Orc Command Sprue (from the Orc Boyz Regiment boxed set) you do in fact get a Boar rider. It only costs £3 and you get an additional two Orcs.
It would seem that you get three Orc bodies and four legs, however if you take a closer look at the top right you can see that the legs are slightly different!
These are the Boar Rider legs. If you have the Orc Battalion Box, you will notice you get a Orc Warlord on a Boar these are the components.
A plastic boar costs £1 for the body and 50 pence for the head, total cost is £4.50 and you get an additional two Orcs.
As the plastic components with the 40K Ork Boyz are pretty similar and you get loads of extra arms with 40K weapons to convert the Orc Boyz.
The command sprue also comes with a range of extra bitz as well including a standard, a shield and a pair of drums – perfect for any feral Ork army.
It is my intention however to use the 40mm round slottabases rather than the WHFB cavalry bases which come with the boars.
Still quite a way to go…
Having only really done the flesh on the Inquisitor it looks like it may be some time before he ventures out onto the battlefield.
I am still not sure what colour his armour should be and should I stick with red for his cloak, I will have to decide soon I guess.
As I was painting other stuff, the Grey Knights Land Speeder got delayed somewhat.
All I have really done is paint some more of the bodywork, the legs and some more instrumentation.
I have finished the base on one of my Killa Kans and with a virtually done paintjob it is ready to play a game with.
The base is done with a few bits of gravel from the garden, GW sand and then painted Codex Grey before being drybrushed with lighter shades of grey and then white.
The main body of the Killa Kan is black, drybrushed with Tin Bitz and Boltgun Metal.
I still have to do some of the detailing but I am quite happy with it at the moment.
I am not sure whether I should paint the missiles yet and what colour!
You find more information on the Killa Kan on the workbench section of the iFelix website.