I’ve mentioned some 1/200th or 10mm Hovels Ruins on the blog before. I found the other day the church that I bought at the same time.
This has been undercoated black, and partly painted grey.
I will now take the opportunity to repaint it for Flames of War. Though obviously smaller than the 15mm or 1/100th scale of Flames of War, I think it will work fine as a background piece of scenery.
Having painted the roof tiles, I gave the remaining unapinted walls a basecoat of Citadel Base: Zandri Dust.
After painting the window sills and the drainpipes, as well as the debris, the next stage will be a dark wash.
Though not quite where I want the 15mm Ruined Shop with Passage, I wanted to check that the process I was planning or my 15mm buildings was going to look effective, so I gave the ruined end of the model a a wash of Citadel Shade: Agrax Earthshade.
I am quite pleased with the end result with using the wash, the roof tiles look a lot better, as I did that that the Terracotta was a little too bright when I first painted the roof that colour.
I painted the front area of the Total Battle Miniatures 15mm Ruined Café. For this part of the model I decided to try out the Citadel Texture paint, Astrogranite.
I am not that impressed. It did cover fine, but not sure if the “texture” adds anything. I am not too worried as I don’t acrtually expect to use that part of the model that much.
I have added more detail to my Total Battle Miniatures 15mm ruined shop with passage.
The main addition was painting the roof tiles of the part of the roof that had fallen into the shop.
I will try giving the model a dark wash.
After undercoating the Total Battle Miniatures 15mm Ruined Café I started painting the basecoat.
I used a Tamiya acrylic.
I find you need to take your time with these kinds of resin castings as there are lots of pockets and casting holes that can be easily missed when painting the basecoat.
I did think about how to paint the roof of my Total Battle Miniatures ruined row of three houses, in the end I thought that terracotta tiles would look very effective, probably more so than slate. So I gave the roof tiles a basecoat of Citadel Terracotta.
The next stage will be a dark wash.