Each Kopta has been converted sightly, though the pilot of each one has been heavily converted…
As you may have read in a previous entry you will realise that I have built and converted two new Deth Koptas.
This model has two four blade rotars, a couple of epic scale Pulsa Rokkits added as bombs, I also added some cables and a few other bitz.
This model is similar, but uses the three blade rotars.
The crew have been more heavily converted using the plastic components from the Ork Boyz sprue. One difference when making the crew was to glue in the joystick first, in my first Deth Kopta I waited until the model was finished which was a real headache to glue into position.
I have glued them onto Warmaster bases to make painting them easier.
These have been sitting around since I undercoated them (doing other stuff), however when I did undercoat them I didn’t undercoat the underneath (rarely do with metal models). Started the black parts when I realised that the underneath (which was fresh resin) would not accept the acrylic paint I was using.
It looks like I will be forced to undercoat the underneath before I can continue with the paint job.
Those of you who have seen Carl Woodrow’s EA Terminators will have realised he has followed Mark Bedford’s lead and based them on 40mm x 20mm (read Warmaster) bases.
I have decided to do the same with my Feral Orks as they are even less organised than a regular ork army that I will base the infantry using 40mm x 20mm bases (read Warmaster bases) and put seven models on each base.
The first few bases look very different to the line of infantry you get with the regular Epic40K 20mm x 5mm bases.
I really like the Ork Deffkopta model, I even liked it when it was released for Gorkamorka (even though I was not a great fan of Gorkamorka). I actually bought one at the time (originally to use in Flintloque). It stayed in its blister until I started playing Warhammer 40K again and it has done some good service.
Here is a picture of it as a work in progress.
I was recently given two more for a birthday present.
Though I really like the pilot figure, it would have looked rather “uniform” to have three identical models (especially in an Ork army).
Therefore I had to convert the two pilot models, using components from the original pilot, his legs and arm, and bits from the plastic Ork Boyz sprue.
I also wanted the Koptas to look different as well. Originally I had thought of adding a superstructure or cockpit, but in the end kept it very simple, with little extras from the Ork Dreadnought sprue, epic scale Pulsa Rokkits and using the four blade rotars on one model and the three blades on the other (rather than one of each as seen in the picture above).
I am pleased with the results and will take some photographs soon.