These have been sitting around since I undercoated them (doing other stuff), however when I did undercoat them I didn’t undercoat the underneath (rarely do with metal models). Started the black parts when I realised that the underneath (which was fresh resin) would not accept the acrylic paint I was using.
It looks like I will be forced to undercoat the underneath before I can continue with the paint job.
Those of you who have seen Carl Woodrow’s EA Terminators will have realised he has followed Mark Bedford’s lead and based them on 40mm x 20mm (read Warmaster) bases.
I have decided to do the same with my Feral Orks as they are even less organised than a regular ork army that I will base the infantry using 40mm x 20mm bases (read Warmaster bases) and put seven models on each base.
The first few bases look very different to the line of infantry you get with the regular Epic40K 20mm x 5mm bases.
Recently acquired a Canon EOS 300D, which is a digital SLR camera, here are some of the results. Most of these images used an aperture of f32 and anything up to a ten second exposure which meant using a tripod and avoiding knocking the camera.
Out there quite a few people are building objectives for games of Epic Armageddon, a good example of this is the Dropship website.
I have decided to make some Ork objectives, so far I have started on a watchtower and am aiming to make a few more such as a crashed spaceship, a large Krooz Missile, a junk heap, and a Gargant (half-made or semi-destroyed – is there a difference).