Camouflaging the Ork Bommer

I decided after basecoating the Ork Bommer that I might do an experiment with this model and apply some camouflage. I decided to add a second spray, after masking off some of the basecoat, of a different contrasting colour. Looking through the cupboard I realised that I only had a dark green, whereas I did think a darker brown would have worked well. Ah well, I had time to paint, not much time though to go out and buy some new paint!

In terms of masking I had three options, use some masking fluid, masking tape or blu-tac. I decided not to use the masking fluid, as I had not used it before, though I will probably have a go with it for the glass canopies. I did consider using masking tape, but I wanted curved lines not straight. So in the end went with the blu-tac.

This I stuck on the model and then gave the model a spray of British Armour Green.

As this was an Ork scheme, I didn’t use any kind of regular pattern with the camouflage.

After letting the paint fully dry, I removed the blu-tac.

I was very pleased with the end result.

Next stage will be the detailing, painting the engines and guns, as well as the crew and cockpit.

Leave a Reply