I gave the HMS King John, Ruler Class Battleship for Dystopian Wars a basecoat of Citadel Base: Mechanicus Standard Grey.
What I have been finding is that my painting is not covering the model and I am not sure if it is my painting (in other words my eyesight) or whether it’s the paint shrinking. Looking over the model I think it might need a bit of a second coat.
I finished painting King Richard III and used it in a few games. The first of my reinforcements for my Kingdom of Britannia naval forces is another Ruler Class Battleship, called King John. Having constructed the model I gave it a white undercoat.
Unlike my other Battleship, this one only has three turrets, but does have a shield generator.
As I have said in previous posts I am not a huge fan of the Kingdom of Britannia ship designs, say compared to the FSA or the Prussian Empire. I just imagined them to be sleeker and more menacing. The Prussians certainly have that kind of look.
Having finished painting King Richard III and used it in a few games, I realised that I may need some reinforcements. The first of these ships is another Ruler Class Battleship, this one will be called King John.
Unlike King Richard III, this only has three turrets, but does have a shield generator.
Having finished painting my Kingdom of Britannia Naval Battle Group I started to think about reinforcements. I already have on the workbench quite a few flyers, but what I decided I needed more naval vessels, well maybe one more naval vessel.
I initially considered getting some more Tribal Cruisers, but in the end went with a second Ruler Class Battleship.
I am in the process of naming my Dystopian Wars ships. My original Ruler Class Battleship was named King Richard III and in a similar spirit of choosing a King with a slighted or disreuptable reputation I have considered two names, King George III and King John. In the end I think I may go with King John, just because George III and Richard III are both “thirds”.
Having washed the Ruler Class Battleship from the Dystopian Wars Kingdom of Britannia the next stage was drybrushing the bring out the detail and weathering.
The weathering didn’t quite work out as well as I thought it would. I was using a Citadel Shade to add rust and oil, and it appeared to “bleed” the paint underneath.
I am basically finished with these ships and they are ready to use in games. I would like to add some masts, rigging and flags, but not sure if they would work in this scale and be robust enough for gaming with.