Over on the Warhammer Community a new model for the Sisters of Battle has been shown off. It’s a model of Junith Eruita, a Canoness Superior of the Order of Our Martyred Lady, complete with flying pulpit.
This massive model is as gloriously over-the-top as Sisters of Battle classics like the Exorcist or Penitent Engine. It’s a floating pulpit with a massive aquila on the front and skeletons holding heavy flamers on the bottom.
I do think this is one bizarre model, even by the standards of Warhammer 40K.
Though I have been modelling and painting my own Forge World Repressor for my Inqusitorial Stormtroopers, the model was really developed for the Sisters of Battle (though also used by the Adeptus Arbites). I do like this model (which is why I have one).
As I was building the Repressor I noticed that I had a problem. The new roof did not fit as expected, it was as though it had shrunk.
The arrow points to the parts not fitting together as they should.
This is of course always a concern with resin parts and to be honest I almost expect it with Forgeworld models, these are resin kits which require skill not mass produced plastic kits which any old fool can put together!
Now the issue was how was I going to rectify this?
After much procrastinating and leaving it, the other day I started and made significant progress on my Sisters of Battle Repressor which I am going to use as a Storm Troopers Transport. Over the next week or so I will post photographs of the different stages of the process.
The Repressor uses the Rhino as the basis for the model and there are various resin parts.
After thinking about it for a while I decided that I would not detail, model or paint the interior of the model. In the main as the resin parts did not allow easy access (viewing) to the internals and therefore would be (in my view) a lot of work and effort and nobody would see it.
The first stage was to put the core Rhino structure together. I avoided the mistake I made with my Ork Looted Rhino and assembled it according to the “instructions”.
After one side I glued the other track assembly together. Luckily there are not lots of wheels like most scale model kits you get these days.
Then the two sub-assemblies were glued together. At this point don’t forget to add the back door!