I decided to add some extra hillocks using two small bits of polystyrene.
Having used a mixture of polyfilla (wall filler), white glue, brown paint, model railway ballast, model railway coal and some water I added the mixture to the board.
After this was left to dry the next stage was to add the sand.
I used Games Workshop sand, which is not too fine (unlike my son’s sandpit sand) and also has tiny stones as well.
I flowed some PVA (white) glue into the scenery and then using a wet brush watered down the glue. I then covered this with the sand and left it to dry.
Leave it to dry for at least an hour and preferably overnight.