I already have two of the ruined buildings from the Total Battle Miniatures range of Western Europe 15mm buildings, the ruined three houses and ruined four houses. I was lucky enough to get two more for my birthday from Simon, thank you. He gave me the ruined cafe and ruined shop with passage.
The ruined shop with passage is a nice model, though because it is ruined, you wouldn’t realise that there was a passage. This is the photograph from the manufacturer.
The reason of course is that Total Battle Miniatures range has both the complete building as well as the ruined building in their range.
The model comes with a separate piece of floor, not sure if I will use it, or build a ruined floor using some scrap wood.
It’s a nice casting with clean detail and looks very effective. I will probably use a similar method to the one I used with the other ruins. After washing the resin I will give the model a white undercoat and then use a combination of washing and drybrushing to bring out the detail.
The first stage after washing the resin in order to remove the mould lubricant, will be to clean the flash from the casting, especially the windows and the doors. Having done this, I gave the model a light white undercoat, hence it isn’t white, it still has a yellow tinge of the underlying resin.
I then gave the debris a basecoat of Tamiya Brown.
The next addition was painting the roof tiles of the part of the roof that had fallen into the shop. I used Citadel Terracotta.
I also painted the broken beams with Citadel Scorched Brown.
The next addition was painting the roof tiles of the part of the roof that had fallen into the shop. I used Citadel Terracotta. I also painted the broken beams with Citadel Scorched Brown.
Though not quite where I want the model, I wanted to check that the process I was planning was going to look okay, so I gave one end of the model a a wash of Citadel Shade: Agrax Earthshade.
I am quite pleased with the end result so far, the roof tiles look a lot better, my initial thoughts were that the Terracotta was a little too bright.
I painted the outside walls with Citadel Base: Zandri Dust.